Get Adobe Flash player

Lions Club to absorb Sharptop Arts

New art alliance forms as Sharptop Arts Association disbands

sharptop-arts-building 1573

The Jasper Lions Club donated this building to the Sharptop Arts Association in the 70s, where it has operated since that time.    

The small, white building at 68 D.B. Carroll Street in downtown Jasper has served many purposes since it was built in the 1930s.
    Recently, Sharptop Arts Association President and Lions Club member Mark Miller recalled the building’s long history. After initially serving as a meeting space for the women’s club, Miller

explained, it was deeded to the Lions who donated it to the county for use as a library. When the library no longer operated from that space ownership of the building reverted to the Lions, who then donated it to a startup organization called Sharptop Arts & Crafts Association.
See the print or online editions for the full story.